A blog article regarding the availability of natural gas is coming and you will be able to get it here.
- Can be configured as heat pumps, “gas packs”, or hybrid sytems
- May be described as an All-in-One System
- Some models can be located adjacent to buildings, others require 18″ of clearance
- All the components of the system are located outside (no blower in attic, or closet)
- Highest “end” models are not as efficient as high “end” split systems
- All models currently utilize single stage or 2-stage compressors… models with variable speed compressors do not exist (yet).
- In residential applications, most have duct systems located in the crawl space
- For crawl space applications, packaged systems are much easier to service and maintain than “split system” models where the blower is located in the crawl space.
- Some models are eligible for utility rebates
If you are interested in heating with gas fired packaged system in lieu of a heat pump packaged system, you can learn more about heating with an air conditioner with gas heat here, or a hybrid (Dual Fuel) system here.
Example Pictures of the Packaged Systems (by manufacturer)
Ready for some customized choices for your application? Call us at 843-360-0816 or complete our Contact Form. We will respond promptly.