Air Conditioners w/ Gas Furnaces
A blog article regarding the availability of natural gas is coming and you will be able to get it here.
Components of an Air Conditioning System with a Gas Furnace
- Home must be connected to a natural gas line or LP propane tank
- Utilizes a gas furnace in lieu of an electric furnace (air handler)
- Utilizes a AC (air conditioning system, cooling only)
- Always utilizes the furnace for heating regardless of outdoor temperature
- Air conditioning systems with gas heat can be "split" or "packaged" systems.
The Benefit of a Air Conditioning System with a Gas Furnace
- If you have previously lived in a home that had gas heat, gas heat is warmer than heat pump heat. Gas heat is MORE comfortable.
The Disadvantages of a AC / Furnace System
- The initial investment in a AC/Furnace System is 10 - 20% more than a heat pump.
- It is likely that your electrical utility rate will be slightly higher because heating is a significant portion of the total energy bill of a home.
- Because of the prevalence of heat pumps within our geography, some dealers may be deficient with the knowledge and experience to properly configure and install gas fired systems.
If you are interested in learning more about an air conditioning system with a gas furnace, we would be delighted to configure some choices for you. AC/Furnace systems look similar to heat pumps. If you want to see what they will look like click any of the buttons on the buttons on the left and view the heat pumps. AC/Furnace systems can be configured using the lowest efficiency (14 SEER) to the highest seer (20 SEER) and sizes from 1.5 to 5 tons.
The significant difference in appearance is the indoor system (blower). The indoor system will contain a gas furnace (slightly smaller than an air handler) and connected to a indoor coil (used when the system is in cooling mode). Gas furnaces have efficiency ratings (AFUE's) that range from 80 - 95+% (Variable Speed and non-Variable Speed).
Example Pictures of the Furnaces (by manufacturer)
Bryant Furnace and Coil
Ruud Furnace and Coil
Trane Furnace and Coil
Ready for some customized choices for your application? Call us at 843-360-0816 or complete our Contact Form. We will respond promptly.